There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in California!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in California
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of California receive sports medicine degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 182 sports medicine professionals graduate from California's 21 sports medicine schools.
Chapman University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Orange. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Chapman University's sports medicine program. Tuition at Chapman University was $38,524 per year.
University of the Pacific, which is located in Stockton, is the second-ranked school in California that has a sports medicine program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 5 students graduated from University of the Pacific sports medicine program. University of the Pacific charged in-state students $34,100 in tuition fees per year.
Fresno Pacific University, which is located in Fresno, is the third-ranked school in California that has a sports medicine program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Fresno Pacific University sports medicine program. Tuition at Fresno Pacific University was $23,898 per year.
Sports medicine schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $10,723 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $38,524 per year, or as little as $670 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
- University of the Pacific - located in Stockton, students are charged $34,100 per year
- University of La Verne - located in La Verne, students are charged $29,800 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Canyons - located in Valencia, students are charged $670 per year
- Modesto Junior College - located in Modesto, students are charged $670 per year
- Ohlone Community College - located in Fremont, students are charged $678 per year
A sports medicine degree from a California school... what next?
sports medicine graduates in California can go into a variety of professions such as sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. In 2010, there were 85,290 sports medicine professional working in California, including 24,590 sports medicine physicians, 870 sports medicine coordinator s, and 15,180 physical therapy professors. The largest populations of California sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 21,680 sports medicine professionals
- Orange County - 8,580 sports medicine professionals
- San Diego County - 7,700 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of sports medicine professionals in the state of California will grow to 58,000. This would require a 26% growth in the field.
sports medicine professionals in California earn $85,585 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Sports medicine professional in California had varying salaries from $17,860 to $164,180 per year in 2010. On average sports medicine professional earn the most in the following California counties:
- Madera County - $174,520 per year
- Imperial County - $149,370 per year
- Solano County - $123,043 per year
Sports medicine professionals in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Del Norte County - $58,313 per year
- Merced County - $61,445 per year
- Ventura County - $65,148 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in California were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $191,650 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $89,810 per year
- Physical Therapist - $84,600 per year
The sports medicine professionals with lowest average salaries in California were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $47,860 per year
- Coach - $41,830 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in sports medicine. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Medicine in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in California
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in California
- Certificate in Sports Medicine in California
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Coaches and Scouts||25,330||$41,830||36.0%|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||24,590||$191,650||29.6%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||15,180||$89,810||88.6%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||4,460||$57,760||24.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in California