There are schools offering theology degrees in California!
Schools Offering Theology Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a theology program is Stanford University, which is located in Stanford. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. In 2010, Stanford University graduated 8 students from its theology program. The tuition rate at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the second-ranked school in California that has a theology program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. 14 students graduated with degree in theology from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. Students at University of California-Berkeley paid $10,940 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California with a theology program is University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. In 2010, 15 students graduated from University of California-Los Angeles theology program. Tuition at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
Theology schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $16,505 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,130 per year, or as little as $651 per year. In 2010, the theology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Occidental College - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $40,939 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California theology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
- Fullerton College - located in Fullerton, students are charged $656 per year
- Orange Coast College - located in Costa Mesa, students are charged $686 per year
A theology degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of theology graduates in California pursue careers as a theologist. In 2010, there were 1,990 theologists working in California. The California counties with the largest populations of theologists are:
- Los Angeles County - 580 theologists
- San Diego County - 220 theologists
- Alameda County - 190 theologists
A theologist in California earns $84,560 per year on average. However, California theologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,120 per year to more than $157,260 per year in 2010. On average a theologist earns the most in the following California counties:
- Riverside County - $96,310 per year
- San Benito County - $90,320 per year
- Los Angeles County - $88,940 per year
A theologist in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- El Dorado County - $62,220 per year
- Orange County - $76,210 per year
- Marin County - $77,460 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in theology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as theology or christian counseling.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Theology in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology in California
- Master's Degree in Theology in California
- Doctoral Degree in Theology in California
Curious what studying Theology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary||1,990||$84,560||1.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are theology related jobs in California