There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in California!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.1% of California graduates receive certificates in ultrasound technology. Thus, California's 28 ultrasound technician schools put out approximately 1,026 ultrasound technicians each year.
American Career College, which is located in Ontario, is the top-ranked school in California that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with a certificate in ultrasound technician from American Career College in 2010.
Lincoln University, which is located in Oakland, is the second-ranked school in California that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with certificate in ultrasound technician from Lincoln University in 2010. Lincoln University charged in-state students $9,210 in tuition fees per year.
Casa Loma College-Van Nuys, which is located in Van Nuys, is the third-ranked school in California that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Casa Loma College-Van Nuys was $0 per year.
Ultrasound technician schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $3,100 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,275 per year, or as little as $656 per year. In 2010, the ultrasound technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- West Coast Ultrasound Institute - located in Beverly Hills, students are charged $21,275 per year
- National Polytechnic College - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $14,275 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield - located in Bakersfield, students are charged $13,418 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California ultrasound technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
- Merced College - located in Merced, students are charged $658 per year
- Orange Coast College - located in Costa Mesa, students are charged $686 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of ultrasound technician graduates in California pursue careers as an ultrasound technician. In 2010, there were 5,280 ultrasound technicians working in California. The following counties have the largest number of California ultrasound technicians:
- Los Angeles County - 1,690 ultrasound technicians
- Orange County - 590 ultrasound technicians
- San Diego County - 420 ultrasound technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of ultrasound technicians in the state of California will grow to 6,200. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
An ultrasound technician in California makes an average of $77,260 per year. However, this number is only an average. ultrasound technicians in California had varying salaries from $39,510 to $131,300 per year in 2010. On average an ultrasound technician earns the most in the following California counties:
- San Benito County - $100,240 per year
- Monterey County - $98,590 per year
- Marin County - $91,380 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for ultrasound technicians:
- Los Angeles County - $69,730 per year
- Kern County - $70,180 per year
- Shasta County - $70,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in ultrasound technology in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in California
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in California
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||5,280||$77,260||69.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in California