There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in California!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.1% of California students graduate with degrees in veterinary technology. Thus, California's 18 veterinary technician schools put out approximately 483 veterinary technicians each year.
Tuition at California's veterinary technician schools ranges from $13,418 per year to $644 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,144 per year. The California veterinary technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno - located in Fresno, students are charged $13,418 per year
- Foothill College - located in Los Altos, students are charged $894 per year
- Yuba College - located in Marysville, students are charged $752 per year
The following California veterinary technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- San Diego Mesa College - located in San Diego, students are charged $658 per year
- Modesto Junior College - located in Modesto, students are charged $670 per year
A veterinary technician degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California veterinary technician graduates become veterinary technicians. In 2010, there were 9,210 veterinary technicians working in California. The California counties with the largest populations of veterinary technicians are:
- Los Angeles County - 1,550 veterinary technicians
- Orange County - 1,520 veterinary technicians
- Alameda County - 810 veterinary technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of veterinary technicians is expected to grow by 35% by 2018. There are projected to be 12,700 veterinary technicians working in the California then.
A veterinary technician in California earns $35,300 per year on average. However, California veterinary technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,080 per year to more than $59,010 per year in 2010. A veterinary technician in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- El Dorado County - $44,580 per year
- San Benito County - $41,290 per year
- Marin County - $40,250 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for veterinary technicians:
- Stanislaus County - $24,810 per year
- Shasta County - $28,010 per year
- Kern County - $29,940 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in veterinary technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in California
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology in California
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||9,210||$35,300||24.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in California