There are schools offering video production classes in California!
Schools Offering Video Production Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a video production program is Stanford University, which is located in Stanford. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. In 2010, Stanford University graduated 12 students from its video production program. Stanford University charged in-state students $40,172 in tuition fees per year.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the second-ranked school in California that has a video production program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. 66 students graduated with degree in video production from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. The tuition rate at University of California-Berkeley was $10,940 per year.
The third-ranked school in California with a video production program is University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. In 2010, 116 students graduated from University of California-Los Angeles video production program. Tuition at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's video production schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,696 per year, though tuition can range from $41,022 per year to $644 per year. The California video production schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Claremont McKenna College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,230 per year
- Stanford University - located in Stanford, students are charged $40,172 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California video production schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Santa Monica College - located in Santa Monica, students are charged $652 per year
A video production degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California video production graduates become video producers. California had 3,260 video producers in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of video producers are:
- Los Angeles County - 2,090 video producers
- San Diego County - 310 video producers
- Marin County - 200 video producers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of video producers in the state of California will grow to 5,300. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, video producers earn $61,540 per year. In 2010, however, some California video producers earned as little as less than $21,270 per year or as much as more than $141,210 per year. A video producer in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Monterey County - $75,040 per year
- Marin County - $74,010 per year
- Los Angeles County - $66,900 per year
A video producer in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- San Diego County - $38,700 per year
- San Benito County - $41,110 per year
- Fresno County - $41,350 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in video production. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as art or audio engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Video Production in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Video Production in California
- Master's Degree in Video Production in California
- Doctoral Degree in Video Production in California
- Certificate in Video Production in California
Curious what studying Video Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture||3,260||$61,540||-41.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are video production related jobs in California