There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Colorado!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Colorado
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Colorado students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 265 administrative assistants graduate from Colorado's 14 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Colorado that has a administrative assistant program is Delta Montrose Technical College. Delta Montrose Technical College, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Delta. In 2010, Delta Montrose Technical College graduated 4 students from its administrative assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Colorado with a administrative assistant program is Emily Griffith Opportunity School, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 11 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Emily Griffith Opportunity School in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Colorado that has a administrative assistant program is Institute of Business and Medical Careers. Institute of Business and Medical Careers, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Collins. In 2010, Institute of Business and Medical Careers graduated 9 students from its administrative assistant programs. The tuition rate at Institute of Business and Medical Careers was $10,800 per year.
Tuition at Colorado's administrative assistant schools ranges from $14,271 per year to $2,068 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,023 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- Everest College-Colorado Springs - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $14,271 per year
- Institute of Business and Medical Careers - located in Fort Collins, students are charged $10,800 per year
- Mesa State College - located in Grand Junction, students are charged $6,248 per year
The following Colorado administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Aims Community College - located in Greeley, students are charged $2,068 per year
- Pickens Technical College - located in Aurora, students are charged $2,226 per year
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Colorado school... what next?
A large number of Colorado administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. In 2010, there were 23,110 administrative assistants working in Colorado. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Adams County - 13,640 administrative assistants
- Boulder County - 2,240 administrative assistants
- El Paso County - 2,220 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Colorado will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 39,130 administrative assistants working in Colorado.
An administrative assistant in Colorado earns $47,530 per year on average. However, Colorado administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,760 per year to more than $72,210 per year in 2010. The counties in Colorado with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Boulder County - $51,230 per year
- Adams County - $49,360 per year
- Weld County - $47,390 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Colorado counties:
- Alamosa County - $36,880 per year
- Chaffee County - $40,010 per year
- Mesa County - $41,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Colorado
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Colorado
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||54,600||$33,430||143.9%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||23,110||$47,530||-1.2%|
|Office Clerks, General||22,270||$29,610||-60.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Colorado