There are schools offering architecture degrees in Colorado!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Colorado
The top-ranked school in Colorado with a architecture program is University of Colorado Boulder, which is located in Boulder. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. 227 students graduated with a degree in architecture from University of Colorado Boulder in 2010. Students at University of Colorado Boulder paid $8,511 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Colorado with a architecture program is Colorado State University, which is located in Fort Collins. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, Colorado State University graduated 27 students from its architecture program. Students at Colorado State University paid $6,985 per year in tuition fees.
University of Colorado Denver, which is located in Denver, is the third-ranked school in Colorado that has a architecture program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 187 students graduated from University of Colorado Denver architecture program. University of Colorado Denver charged in-state students $7,214 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Colorado's architecture schools ranges from $8,511 per year to $2,492 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,160 per year. In 2010, the architecture schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- University of Colorado Boulder - located in Boulder, students are charged $8,511 per year
- University of Colorado Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $7,214 per year
- Colorado State University - located in Fort Collins, students are charged $6,985 per year
The following Colorado architecture schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
- Front Range Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,625 per year
- Pikes Peak Community College - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $3,134 per year
An architecture degree from a Colorado school... what next?
A large number of Colorado architecture graduates become architects. 2,830 architects were working in Colorado in 2010. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of architects are:
- Adams County - 1,780 architects
- Boulder County - 400 architects
- Eagle County - 260 architects
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,880 architects will be working in Colorado state. This would require the number of architects to grow by 6%.
An architect in Colorado makes an average of $76,380 per year. In 2010, however, some Colorado architects earned as little as less than $22,800 per year or as much as more than $135,300 per year. An architect in the following Colorado counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $82,610 per year
- El Paso County - $79,410 per year
- Eagle County - $77,840 per year
The Colorado counties with the lowest average salary for architects are:
- Boulder County - $52,140 per year
- Larimer County - $70,620 per year
- Eagle County - $77,840 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in architecture. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Colorado
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Colorado
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in Colorado
- Certificate in Architecture in Colorado
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||2,830||$76,380||2.9%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||2,060||$50,170||3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Colorado