There are schools offering art classes in Colorado!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Colorado
The top-ranked school in Colorado with a art program is Colorado College, which is located in Colorado Springs. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, 37 students graduated from Colorado College's art program. Students at Colorado College paid $38,898 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Colorado with a art program is University of Denver, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 45 students graduated from University of Denver art program. Tuition at University of Denver was $36,501 per year.
The third-ranked school in Colorado with a art program is Regis University, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Regis University art program. Students at Regis University paid $30,598 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Colorado's art schools ranges from $38,898 per year to $1,650 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,306 per year. In 2010, the art schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- Colorado College - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $38,898 per year
- University of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $36,501 per year
- Regis University - located in Denver, students are charged $30,598 per year
The following Colorado art schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Colorado Mountain College - located in Glenwood Springs, students are charged $1,650 per year
- Pickens Technical College - located in Aurora, students are charged $2,226 per year
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
An art degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Most people who graduate from art school in Colorado go on to work as an artist. If you decide to work as an artist in Colorado, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 100 Colorado artists as of 2010. The largest populations of Colorado artists are working in the following counties:
- Adams County - 30 artists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of artists in the state of Colorado will grow to 390. This would require a 17% growth in the profession.
An artist in Colorado earns $49,250 per year on average.
For more data regarding a career in art in Colorado and to compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Colorado
- Master's Degree in Art in Colorado
- Certificate in Art in Colorado
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||280||$43,830||366.7%|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||190||$54,270||-32.1%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||100||$49,250||-41.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Colorado