There are schools offering beauty programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Colorado
Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy, which is located in Colorado Springs, is the top-ranked school in Colorado that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. 87 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy in 2010.
Glenwood Beauty Academy, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a beauty program. It is located in Glenwood Springs. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Glenwood Beauty Academy beauty program.
The third-ranked school in Colorado that has a beauty program is Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood. Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Denver. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood beauty program. The tuition rate at Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood was $0 per year.
Beauty schools in Colorado, charge students an average tuition of $1,441 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $12,160 per year, or as little as $2,226 per year. In 2010, the beauty schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- National American University-Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $12,160 per year
- National American University-Colorado Springs - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $12,160 per year
- Lamar Community College - located in Lamar, students are charged $3,676 per year
The beauty schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- Pickens Technical College - located in Aurora, students are charged $2,226 per year
- Colorado Northwestern Community College - located in Rangely, students are charged $2,506 per year
- Red Rocks Community College - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
A beauty certificate from a Colorado school... what next?
Esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager are the professions of choice for a majority of beauty graduates in Colorado. If you decide to work as a beauty professional in Colorado, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 11,920 Colorado beauty professional as of 2010. This number includes 6,120 hairdressers, 910 estheticians, and 2,630 cosmetology instructors. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of beauty professional are:
- Adams County - 6,750 beauty professionals
- El Paso County - 1,430 beauty professionals
- Boulder County - 700 beauty professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of beauty professionals is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 18,540 beauty professionals working in Colorado then. Of these 18,540 beauty professionals, the government predicts that 12,680 will be hairdressers, 1,500 will be estheticians, and an unknown number will be cosmetology instructors.
On average, beauty professionals earn a salary of $26,233 per year in Colorado state. However, this number is only an average. Beauty professional in Colorado had varying salaries from $15,540 to $79,340 per year in 2010. The following counties in Colorado have the highest average salaries for beauty professionals:
- Alamosa County - $41,770 per year
- Chaffee County - $39,495 per year
- Larimer County - $38,720 per year
The following counties in Colorado have the lowest average salaries for beauty professional:
- Pueblo County - $21,330 per year
- Weld County - $28,105 per year
- Boulder County - $34,713 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Colorado were:
- Salon Manager - $39,140 per year
- Esthetician - $38,370 per year
- Hairdresser - $27,420 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Colorado were:
- Hairdresser - $27,420 per year
- Cosmetology Instructor - per year
For more data regarding a career in beauty in Colorado and to compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Colorado
- Certificate in Beauty in Colorado
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||6,120||$27,420||8.1%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,630||n/a||86.5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||2,260||$39,140||-13.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Colorado