There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Colorado
Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Colorado that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Colorado Springs. 87 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy in 2010.
Glenwood Beauty Academy, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Glenwood Springs. In 2010, Glenwood Beauty Academy graduated 21 students from its cosmetology program.
Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Colorado that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Denver. 34 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood in 2010. Students at Regency Beauty Institute-Lakewood paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Colorado cosmetology school, average tuition will be $1,441 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,226 per year to $12,160 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Colorado cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- National American University-Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $12,160 per year
- National American University-Colorado Springs - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $12,160 per year
- Lamar Community College - located in Lamar, students are charged $3,676 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Colorado cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pickens Technical College - located in Aurora, students are charged $2,226 per year
- Colorado Northwestern Community College - located in Rangely, students are charged $2,506 per year
- Red Rocks Community College - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Colorado school... what next?
A large number of Colorado cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. Colorado had 6,120 cosmetologists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Colorado cosmetologists:
- Adams County - 3,560 cosmetologists
- El Paso County - 750 cosmetologists
- Larimer County - 410 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 12,680 cosmetologists working in the Colorado then.
On average, cosmetologists earn $27,420 per year. However, Colorado cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,540 per year to more than $66,470 per year in 2010. A cosmetologist in the following Colorado counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boulder County - $39,520 per year
- Adams County - $28,440 per year
- El Paso County - $25,520 per year
A cosmetologist in the following counties in Colorado make the lowest salaries on average:
- Weld County - $20,330 per year
- Chaffee County - $20,770 per year
- Pueblo County - $21,330 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Colorado
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Colorado
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||6,120||$27,420||8.1%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||550||$23,970||10.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Colorado