There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Colorado
Approximately 0.8% of graduates in of Colorado receive educational leadership degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,128 educational leadership professonals graduate from Colorado's 12 educational leadership schools.
University of Denver, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Colorado that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Denver. 217 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from University of Denver in 2010. University of Denver charged in-state students $36,501 in tuition fees per year.
Regis University, which is located in Denver, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Regis University educational leadership program. Regis University charged in-state students $30,598 in tuition fees per year.
University of Northern Colorado, which is located in Greeley, is the third-ranked school in Colorado that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Northern Colorado graduated 59 students from its educational leadership programs. University of Northern Colorado charged in-state students $5,997 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Colorado's educational leadership schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,549 per year, though tuition can range from $36,501 per year to $5,997 per year. The Colorado educational leadership schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $36,501 per year
- Regis University - located in Denver, students are charged $30,598 per year
- Colorado Christian University - located in Denver, students are charged $22,040 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- University of Northern Colorado - located in Greeley, students are charged $5,997 per year
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $6,029 per year
- Colorado State University - located in Fort Collins, students are charged $6,985 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator are the professions of choice for a majority of educational leadership graduates in Colorado. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in Colorado, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,700 Colorado educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 3,810 middle school principals, 620 preschool directors, and 1,800 deans. In Colorado, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Adams County - 2,970 educational leadership professonals
- El Paso County - 960 educational leadership professonals
- Boulder County - 470 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in Colorado will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,140 educational leadership professonals working in Colorado. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Distance Learning Coordinators, who are expected to increase by 18% by 2018.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $75,645 per year. However, Colorado educational leadership professonal earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,340 per year to more than $144,220 per year in 2010. Educational leadership professonals in the following Colorado counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Larimer County - $82,690 per year
- Eagle County - $79,670 per year
- Adams County - $78,078 per year
The following counties in Colorado have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Weld County - $59,605 per year
- Chaffee County - $66,540 per year
- Boulder County - $67,505 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Colorado were:
- Dean - $93,660 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $87,430 per year
- Middle School Principal - $80,920 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Colorado were:
- Middle School Principal - $80,920 per year
- Preschool Director - $40,570 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Colorado
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Colorado
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,810||$80,920||6.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,800||$93,660||29.5%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||620||$40,570||-10.1%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||470||$87,430||-14.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Colorado