There are schools offering interior design programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in Colorado
The top-ranked school in Colorado with a interior design program is Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in interior design from Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design in 2010. Tuition at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design was $26,832 per year.
The second-ranked school in Colorado that has a interior design program is Colorado State University. Colorado State University, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Collins. 33 students graduated with degree in interior design from Colorado State University in 2010. Students at Colorado State University paid $6,985 per year in tuition fees.
The Art Institute of Colorado, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Colorado that has a interior design program. It is located in Denver. 52 students graduated with degree in interior design from The Art Institute of Colorado in 2010. Tuition at The Art Institute of Colorado was $17,532 per year.
Tuition at Colorado's interior design schools ranges from $26,832 per year to $2,492 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,075 per year. The Colorado interior design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design - located in Denver, students are charged $26,832 per year
- The Art Institute of Colorado - located in Denver, students are charged $17,532 per year
- Westwood College-Denver North - located in Denver, students are charged $14,227 per year
The following Colorado interior design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
- Front Range Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,625 per year
- Red Rocks Community College - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
An interior design degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Most people who graduate from interior design school in Colorado go on to work as an interior designer. 980 interior designers were working in Colorado in 2010. In Colorado, the largest numbers of interior designers work in the following counties:
- Adams County - 640 interior designers
- Eagle County - 130 interior designers
- El Paso County - 50 interior designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,970 interior designers will be working in Colorado state. This would require the number of interior designers to grow by 13%.
On average, interior designers earn $49,770 per year. But, salaries for interior designers can vary. In 2010, interior designers made as little as less than $21,710 per year or as much as more than $98,220 per year in Colorado. The counties in Colorado with the highest average salary for an interior designer are:
- Eagle County - $60,890 per year
- Adams County - $49,790 per year
- Larimer County - $46,790 per year
An interior designer in the following counties in Colorado make the lowest salaries on average:
- Archuleta County - $34,600 per year
- El Paso County - $42,610 per year
- Boulder County - $43,780 per year
For more data regarding a career in interior design in Colorado and to compare salaries with various related fields such as design or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in Colorado
- Certificate in Interior Design in Colorado
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in Colorado