There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Colorado
Approximately 1.3% of graduates in of Colorado receive medical assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,987 medical assistants graduate from Colorado's 21 medical assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Colorado that has a medical assistant program is Concorde Career Colleges. Concorde Career Colleges, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Aurora. 200 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Concorde Career Colleges in 2010.
Emily Griffith Opportunity School, which is located in Denver, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Emily Griffith Opportunity School in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Colorado with a medical assistant program is Kaplan College-Denver, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 115 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Kaplan College-Denver in 2010. The tuition rate at Kaplan College-Denver was $0 per year.
Medical assistant schools in Colorado, charge students an average tuition of $6,509 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,759 per year, or as little as $2,625 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Colorado medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest College-Aurora - located in Aurora, students are charged $14,759 per year
- Remington College-Colorado Springs Campus - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Everest College-Colorado Springs - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $14,271 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Colorado medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
- Red Rocks Community College - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
- Morgan Community College - located in Fort Morgan, students are charged $2,626 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Colorado school... what next?
A large number of Colorado medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. In 2010, there were 6,780 medical assistants working in Colorado. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of medical assistants are:
- Adams County - 3,270 medical assistants
- El Paso County - 1,060 medical assistants
- Larimer County - 440 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 32% by 2018. There are projected to be 9,400 medical assistants working in the Colorado then.
On average, medical assistants earn $32,570 per year. However, Colorado medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,800 per year to more than $101,680 per year in 2010. The counties in Colorado with the highest average salary for a medical assistant are:
- Eagle County - $43,290 per year
- Chaffee County - $39,520 per year
- Archuleta County - $35,710 per year
The Colorado counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Alamosa County - $25,710 per year
- Pueblo County - $26,870 per year
- Weld County - $28,460 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Colorado
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Colorado
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Colorado
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Colorado