There are schools offering paralegal programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Colorado
Kaplan College-Denver, which is located in Denver, is the top-ranked school in Colorado that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. 30 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Kaplan College-Denver in 2010.
Institute of Business and Medical Careers, which is located in Fort Collins, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Institute of Business and Medical Careers graduated 7 students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at Institute of Business and Medical Careers was $10,800 per year.
The third-ranked school in Colorado that has a paralegal program is Everest College-Colorado Springs. Everest College-Colorado Springs, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Colorado Springs. In 2010, Everest College-Colorado Springs graduated 4 students from its paralegal programs. Tuition at Everest College-Colorado Springs was $14,271 per year.
Paralegal schools in Colorado, charge students an average tuition of $7,645 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,048 per year, or as little as $1,650 per year. In 2010, the following Colorado paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Thornton - located in Denver, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Everest College-Aurora - located in Aurora, students are charged $14,759 per year
- Everest College-Colorado Springs - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $14,271 per year
The paralegal schools in Colorado that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Colorado Mountain College - located in Glenwood Springs, students are charged $1,650 per year
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
- Community College of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
A paralegal degree from a Colorado school... what next?
A large number of Colorado paralegal graduates become paralegals. In 2010, there were 5,060 paralegals working in Colorado. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of paralegals are:
- Adams County - 3,730 paralegals
- El Paso County - 490 paralegals
- Boulder County - 220 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,760 paralegals working in the Colorado then.
On average, paralegals earn $48,500 per year. But, salaries for paralegals can vary. In 2010, paralegals made as little as less than $21,160 per year or as much as more than $73,600 per year in Colorado. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Colorado counties:
- Adams County - $50,250 per year
- Boulder County - $47,840 per year
- Archuleta County - $46,100 per year
The Colorado counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Alamosa County - $32,310 per year
- Pueblo County - $36,100 per year
- Mesa County - $36,630 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Colorado
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Colorado
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||5,060||$48,500||33.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Colorado