There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Colorado
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Colorado students graduate with certificates in pharmacy technician training. In other words, every year an estimated 350 pharmacy technicians graduate from Colorado's 14 pharmacy technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Colorado with a pharmacy technician program is Emily Griffith Opportunity School, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Emily Griffith Opportunity School's pharmacy technician program.
The second-ranked school in Colorado that has a pharmacy technician program is Kaplan College-Denver. Kaplan College-Denver, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Denver. In 2010, 25 students graduated from Kaplan College-Denver pharmacy technician program.
The third-ranked school in Colorado that has a pharmacy technician program is Institute of Business and Medical Careers. Institute of Business and Medical Careers, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Collins. In 2010, Institute of Business and Medical Careers graduated 7 students from its pharmacy technician programs. The tuition rate at Institute of Business and Medical Careers was $10,800 per year.
If you choose to attend a Colorado pharmacy technician school, average tuition will be $5,557 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,492 per year to $14,759 per year. The Colorado pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest College-Aurora - located in Aurora, students are charged $14,759 per year
- Remington College-Colorado Springs Campus - located in Colorado Springs, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Everest College-Thornton - located in Denver, students are charged $14,256 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Colorado pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
- Front Range Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,625 per year
- Pueblo Community College - located in Pueblo, students are charged $2,822 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Colorado school... what next?
A large number of Colorado pharmacy technician graduates become pharmacy technicians. Colorado had 4,500 pharmacy technicians in 2010. In Colorado, the largest numbers of pharmacy technicians work in the following counties:
- Adams County - 2,220 pharmacy technicians
- El Paso County - 710 pharmacy technicians
- Boulder County - 400 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in Colorado will grow by 37%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,860 pharmacy technicians working in Colorado.
On average, a pharmacy technician earns a salary of $30,930 per year in Colorado state. But, salaries for pharmacy technicians can vary. In 2010, pharmacy technicians made as little as less than $19,730 per year or as much as more than $42,000 per year in Colorado. The counties in Colorado with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Eagle County - $34,490 per year
- Adams County - $31,890 per year
- Boulder County - $31,790 per year
On average, pharmacy technicians earns the least in the following Colorado counties:
- Alamosa County - $24,870 per year
- Chaffee County - $26,410 per year
- Larimer County - $29,560 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Colorado and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Colorado
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Colorado
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Colorado