There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Colorado!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Colorado
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Colorado graduates receive degrees in visual communications. That means an estimated 289 visual communications professionals graduate from Colorado's 15 visual communications schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Colorado that has a visual communications program is University of Denver. University of Denver, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Denver. 21 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from University of Denver in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Denver was $36,501 per year.
The second-ranked school in Colorado that has a visual communications program is Regis University. Regis University, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Denver. In 2010, Regis University graduated 7 students from its visual communications program. Students at Regis University paid $30,598 per year in tuition fees.
Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Colorado that has a visual communications program. It is located in Denver. In 2010, Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design graduated 19 students from its visual communications programs. The tuition rate at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design was $26,832 per year.
Visual communications schools in Colorado, charge students an average tuition of $16,301 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,501 per year, or as little as $1,650 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Colorado visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $36,501 per year
- Regis University - located in Denver, students are charged $30,598 per year
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design - located in Denver, students are charged $26,832 per year
The visual communications schools in Colorado that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Colorado Mountain College - located in Glenwood Springs, students are charged $1,650 per year
- Pickens Technical College - located in Aurora, students are charged $2,226 per year
- Metropolitan State College of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $4,093 per year
A visual communications degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Many Colorado visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in Colorado, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,040 Colorado visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 3,800 graphic designers, 280 video editors, and 860 audio visual technicians. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- Adams County - 3,110 visual communications professionals
- El Paso County - 540 visual communications professionals
- Boulder County - 440 visual communications professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of visual communications professionals in the state of Colorado will grow to 6,220. This would require a 6% growth in the field.
On average, visual communications professionals earn a salary of $46,015 per year in Colorado state. In 2010, however, some Colorado visual communications professional earned as little as less than $17,850 per year or as much as more than $85,120 per year. The counties in Colorado with the highest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Eagle County - $52,070 per year
- Larimer County - $48,060 per year
- Adams County - $46,917 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in Colorado make the lowest salaries on average:
- Mesa County - $32,300 per year
- Pueblo County - $32,300 per year
- Archuleta County - $32,810 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in Colorado were:
- Video Editor - $50,850 per year
- Artist - $49,250 per year
- Graphic Designer - $44,190 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Colorado were:
- Graphic Designer - $44,190 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $39,770 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Colorado
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Colorado
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Colorado
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||860||$39,770||-19.6%|
|Film and Video Editors||280||$50,850||100.0%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||100||$49,250||-41.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Colorado