There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Colorado!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Colorado
Around 0.1% of Colorado's graduates graduate from x ray technology degree programs every year. That means an estimated 165 x ray technicians graduate from Colorado's 7 x ray technician schools each year.
Colorado State University, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Colorado that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Fort Collins. 4 students graduated with a degree in x ray technician from Colorado State University in 2010. Tuition at Colorado State University was $6,985 per year.
Pima Medical Institute, which is located in Denver, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pima Medical Institute graduated 40 students from its x ray technician program.
Mesa State College, which is located in Grand Junction, is the third-ranked school in Colorado that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Mesa State College x ray technician program. Mesa State College charged in-state students $6,248 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Colorado x ray technician school, average tuition will be $3,339 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,068 per year to $6,985 per year. In 2010, the x ray technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Colorado were:
- Colorado State University - located in Fort Collins, students are charged $6,985 per year
- Mesa State College - located in Grand Junction, students are charged $6,248 per year
- Pueblo Community College - located in Pueblo, students are charged $2,822 per year
The x ray technician schools in Colorado that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Aims Community College - located in Greeley, students are charged $2,068 per year
- Red Rocks Community College - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
- Community College of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Most people who graduate from x ray technician school in Colorado go on to work as a x ray technician. In 2010, there were 3,250 x ray technicians working in Colorado. The Colorado counties with the largest populations of x ray technicians are:
- Adams County - 1,580 x ray technicians
- El Paso County - 390 x ray technicians
- Boulder County - 290 x ray technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of x ray technicians in the state of Colorado will grow to 3,690. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
On average, x ray technicians earn $57,210 per year. On average a x ray technician earns the most in the following Colorado counties:
- Eagle County - $63,920 per year
- Adams County - $59,120 per year
- Boulder County - $58,700 per year
On average, x ray technicians earns the least in the following Colorado counties:
- Alamosa County - $50,850 per year
- Weld County - $51,300 per year
- El Paso County - $52,140 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in x ray technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Colorado
- Master's Degree in X Ray Technology in Colorado
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Colorado
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||3,000||$56,410|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Colorado