There are schools offering acting classes in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Connecticut
The top-ranked school in Connecticut with a acting program is Yale University, which is located in New Haven. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. In 2010, Yale University graduated 79 students from its acting program. The tuition rate at Yale University was $38,300 per year.
Wesleyan University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a acting program. It is located in Middletown. 9 students graduated with degree in acting from Wesleyan University in 2010. Students at Wesleyan University paid $42,084 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a acting program is University of Connecticut. University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, University of Connecticut graduated 24 students from its acting programs. Tuition at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Connecticut's acting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $21,621 per year, though tuition can range from $42,420 per year to $3,406 per year. The Connecticut acting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Trinity College - located in Hartford, students are charged $42,420 per year
- Wesleyan University - located in Middletown, students are charged $42,084 per year
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
The acting schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Housatonic Community College - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Western Connecticut State University - located in Danbury, students are charged $7,909 per year
An acting degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Connecticut go on to work as an actor. 220 actors were working in Connecticut in 2010. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of actors are:
- Hartford County - 100 actors
The government projects that by 2018, the number of actors in the state of Connecticut will grow to 280. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
An actor in Connecticut earns $0 per year on average.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Acting in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Connecticut
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,370||n/a||45.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Connecticut