There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Connecticut
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Connecticut students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. Thus, Connecticut's 18 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 169 administrative assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a administrative assistant program is Stone Academy. Stone Academy, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Waterbury. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Stone Academy's administrative assistant program.
Butler Business School Inc, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Bridgeport.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a administrative assistant program is Stone Academy. Stone Academy, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Hamden. Tuition at Stone Academy was $0 per year.
Tuition at Connecticut's administrative assistant schools ranges from $18,950 per year to $3,386 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,986 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Lincoln College of New England - located in Southington, students are charged $18,950 per year
- Goodwin College - located in East Hartford, students are charged $18,500 per year
- Sanford-Brown College-Farmington - located in Farmington, students are charged $14,870 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Connecticut administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Middletown, students are charged $3,406 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Connecticut go on to work as an administrative assistant. Connecticut had 16,230 administrative assistants in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Connecticut administrative assistants:
- Hartford County - 5,980 administrative assistants
- Fairfield County - 5,160 administrative assistants
- Middlesex County - 3,230 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Connecticut will grow to 21,450. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $52,260 per year in Connecticut state. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Connecticut had varying salaries from $27,400 to $82,030 per year in 2010. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Fairfield County - $54,140 per year
- Middlesex County - $52,590 per year
- Hartford County - $49,430 per year
The following counties in Connecticut have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Litchfield County - $44,795 per year
- Windham County - $46,950 per year
- New London County - $48,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Connecticut
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Connecticut
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||29,480||$38,560||22.2%|
|Office Clerks, General||27,670||$32,290||-15.9%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||16,230||$52,260||-26.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Connecticut