There are schools offering art classes in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Connecticut
Yale University, which was ranked 2nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a art program. It is located in New Haven. In 2010, 138 students graduated from Yale University's art program. Yale University charged in-state students $38,300 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut with a art program is Wesleyan University, which is located in Middletown. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Wesleyan University art program. Tuition at Wesleyan University was $42,084 per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a art program is University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, 58 students graduated from University of Connecticut art program. Students at University of Connecticut paid $10,416 per year in tuition fees.
Art schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $15,623 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,420 per year, or as little as $3,386 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Trinity College - located in Hartford, students are charged $42,420 per year
- Wesleyan University - located in Middletown, students are charged $42,084 per year
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
The art schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Gateway Community College - located in New Haven, students are charged $3,406 per year
An art degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
A large number of Connecticut art graduates become artists. 100 artists were working in Connecticut in 2010. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of artists are:
- Fairfield County - 60 artists
An artist in Connecticut makes an average of $62,120 per year. But, salaries for artists can vary. In 2010, artists made as little as less than $31,490 per year or as much as more than $85,240 per year in Connecticut. On average an artist earns the most in the following Connecticut counties:
- Fairfield County - $56,620 per year
For more data regarding a career in art in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Art in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Connecticut
- Certificate in Art in Connecticut
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||310||$62,410||29.2%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||100||$62,120||25.0%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||50||$68,440||-58.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Connecticut