There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Connecticut
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a bookkeeping program is Quinnipiac University. Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Hamden. no students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Quinnipiac University in 2010. Tuition at Quinnipiac University was $34,250 per year.
Post University, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Waterbury. The tuition rate at Post University was $25,050 per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a bookkeeping program is Sacred Heart University. Sacred Heart University, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Bridgeport. The tuition rate at Sacred Heart University was $31,440 per year.
Bookkeeping schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $9,581 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $34,250 per year, or as little as $3,386 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
- Post University - located in Waterbury, students are charged $25,050 per year
The bookkeeping schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $3,406 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in Connecticut go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. 19,610 bookkeeping clerks were working in Connecticut in 2010. In Connecticut, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Fairfield County - 6,420 bookkeeping clerks
- Hartford County - 6,340 bookkeeping clerks
- Middlesex County - 3,470 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that by 2018, the number of bookkeeping clerks in the state of Connecticut will grow to 24,050. This would require a 2% growth in the profession.
A bookkeeping clerk in Connecticut makes an average of $40,490 per year. In 2010, however, some Connecticut bookkeeping clerks earned as little as less than $19,290 per year or as much as more than $65,070 per year. A bookkeeping clerk in the following Connecticut counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Fairfield County - $41,735 per year
- Hartford County - $40,140 per year
- Middlesex County - $39,230 per year
The following counties in Connecticut have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Windham County - $35,100 per year
- New London County - $36,100 per year
- Litchfield County - $37,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Connecticut
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Connecticut
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||19,610||$40,490||-20.4%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||6,900||$39,250||-6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Connecticut