There are schools offering BSN programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Connecticut
Yale University, which is located in New Haven, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a BSN program. It received a ranking of 2nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Yale University graduated 2 students from its BSN program. Yale University charged in-state students $38,300 in tuition fees per year.
University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a BSN program. It is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, 125 students graduated from University of Connecticut BSN program. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
Fairfield University, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a BSN program. It is located in Fairfield. In 2010, Fairfield University graduated 133 students from its BSN programs. Fairfield University charged in-state students $39,040 in tuition fees per year.
Bsn schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $15,090 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,040 per year, or as little as $3,386 per year. The Connecticut BSN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
The following Connecticut BSN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Housatonic Community College - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $3,406 per year
A BSN degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
The largest populations of Connecticut nurse are working in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 12,990 nurses
- Fairfield County - 8,760 nurses
- Middlesex County - 7,670 nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 42,050 nurses will be working in Connecticut state. This would require the number of nurses to grow by 14%.
nurses in Connecticut make an average of $73,860 per year. In 2010, however, some Connecticut nurse earned as little as less than $47,350 per year or as much as more than $119,070 per year. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for nurses are:
- Middlesex County - $76,180 per year
- Hartford County - $74,570 per year
- Windham County - $73,990 per year
On average, nurses earn the least in the following Connecticut counties:
- Litchfield County - $68,000 per year
- New London County - $72,550 per year
- Fairfield County - $73,650 per year
The nurses with highest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Registered Nurse - $73,860 per year
On average, the lowest paid nurses in Connecticut were:
- Registered Nurse - $73,860 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Nursing in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing in Connecticut
- Certificate in Nursing in Connecticut
Curious what studying BSN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are BSN related jobs in Connecticut