There are schools offering communications degreess in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Connecticut
Approximately 1.2% of graduates in of Connecticut receive communications degrees every year. That means an estimated 964 communications professionals graduate from Connecticut's 20 communications schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut with a communications program is University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. 237 students graduated with a degree in communications from University of Connecticut in 2010. Students at University of Connecticut paid $10,416 per year in tuition fees.
Fairfield University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a communications program. It is located in Fairfield. In 2010, 93 students graduated from Fairfield University communications program. Fairfield University charged in-state students $39,040 in tuition fees per year.
Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a communications program. It is located in Hamden. 84 students graduated with degree in communications from Quinnipiac University in 2010. The tuition rate at Quinnipiac University was $34,250 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut communications school, average tuition will be $16,820 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,386 per year to $39,040 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Connecticut communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Capital Community College - located in Hartford, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Tunxis Community College - located in Farmington, students are charged $3,406 per year
For more data regarding a career in communications in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Communications in Connecticut
- Certificate in Communications in Connecticut
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,420||$73,820||-24.1%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||600||$42,030||-7.7%|
|Writers and Authors||510||$67,380||-20.3%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||490||$30,220||-14.0%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||280||$44,790||-31.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Connecticut