There are schools offering counseling degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Counseling Programs in Connecticut
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a counseling program is University of Connecticut. University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, University of Connecticut graduated no students from its counseling program. Students at University of Connecticut paid $10,416 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a counseling program is Fairfield University. Fairfield University, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Fairfield. In 2010, Fairfield University graduated 37 students from its counseling program. The tuition rate at Fairfield University was $39,040 per year.
Central Connecticut State University, which is located in New Britain, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a counseling program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 71 students graduated from Central Connecticut State University counseling program. Central Connecticut State University charged in-state students $7,861 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Connecticut's counseling schools ranges from $39,040 per year to $3,406 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,248 per year. In 2010, the following Connecticut counseling schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- University of Hartford - located in W Hartford, students are charged $29,852 per year
- Saint Joseph College - located in W Hartford, students are charged $28,530 per year
The counseling schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Tunxis Community College - located in Farmington, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Gateway Community College - located in New Haven, students are charged $3,406 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in counseling. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or forensic psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Counseling in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Counseling in Connecticut
- Certificate in Counseling in Connecticut
Curious what studying Counseling gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors||3,850||$54,930||25.4%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||1,970||$74,790||18.7%|
|Mental Health Counselors||1,840||$40,990||7.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are counseling related jobs in Connecticut