There are schools offering design programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Connecticut
Yale University, which is located in New Haven, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a design program. It received a ranking of 2nd in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with a degree in design from Yale University in 2010. Yale University charged in-state students $38,300 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a design program is Quinnipiac University. Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Hamden. In 2010, Quinnipiac University graduated 28 students from its design program. The tuition rate at Quinnipiac University was $34,250 per year.
Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a design program. It is located in Old Lyme. Tuition at Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts was $24,860 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut design school, average tuition will be $15,399 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,386 per year to $38,300 per year. In 2010, the following Connecticut design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
The design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Asnuntuck Community College - located in Enfield, students are charged $3,406 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Design in Connecticut
- Certificate in Design in Connecticut
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||320||$53,580||-33.3%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||240||$55,120||700.0%|
|Designers, All Other||140||$55,610||133.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Connecticut