There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Connecticut
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of Connecticut receive educational leadership degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 435 educational leadership professonals graduate from Connecticut's 15 educational leadership schools.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut with a educational leadership program is Yale University, which is located in New Haven. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. 5 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Yale University in 2010. Students at Yale University paid $38,300 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut with a educational leadership program is University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, 259 students graduated from University of Connecticut educational leadership program. University of Connecticut charged in-state students $10,416 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a educational leadership program is Fairfield University, which is located in Fairfield. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Fairfield University educational leadership program. Fairfield University charged in-state students $39,040 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut educational leadership school, average tuition will be $20,529 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,406 per year to $39,040 per year. In 2010, the educational leadership schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Connecticut educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College - located in Winsted, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Middletown, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs educational leadership graduates in Connecticut pursue include preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in Connecticut, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,340 Connecticut educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 3,090 middle school principals, 890 preschool directors, and 2,100 deans. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of educational leadership professonal are:
- Hartford County - 2,210 educational leadership professonals
- Fairfield County - 1,560 educational leadership professonals
- Middlesex County - 1,360 educational leadership professonals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of educational leadership professonals is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,120 educational leadership professonals working in Connecticut then. Of these 7,120 educational leadership professonals, the government predicts that 3,390 will be middle school principals, 1,110 will be preschool directors, and 2,290 will be deans.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $89,743 per year. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Connecticut had varying salaries from $27,440 to $164,480 per year in 2010. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Windham County - $112,070 per year
- Middlesex County - $93,010 per year
- New London County - $89,313 per year
The following counties in Connecticut have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Litchfield County - $82,960 per year
- Fairfield County - $84,917 per year
- Hartford County - $85,870 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Middle School Principal - $112,030 per year
- Dean - $98,350 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $95,340 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in Connecticut were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $95,340 per year
- Preschool Director - $53,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Educational Leadership in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Connecticut
- Certificate in Educational Leadership in Connecticut
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,090||$112,030||8.4%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,100||$98,350||22.8%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||890||$53,250||4.7%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||260||$95,340|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Connecticut