There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Connecticut
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of Connecticut receive elementary education degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 546 elementary educators graduate from Connecticut's 11 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a elementary education program is University of Connecticut. University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, 41 students graduated from University of Connecticut's elementary education program. Tuition at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
Fairfield University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a elementary education program. It is located in Fairfield. 10 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Fairfield University in 2010. Students at Fairfield University paid $39,040 per year in tuition fees.
Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a elementary education program. It is located in Hamden. In 2010, Quinnipiac University graduated 60 students from its elementary education programs. Quinnipiac University charged in-state students $34,250 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Connecticut's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $20,950 per year, though tuition can range from $39,040 per year to $7,861 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Connecticut elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Western Connecticut State University - located in Danbury, students are charged $7,909 per year
- Southern Connecticut State University - located in New Haven, students are charged $8,050 per year
An elementary education degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Connecticut pursue careers as an elementary educator. In 2010, there were 17,770 elementary educators working in Connecticut. The largest populations of Connecticut elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 5,400 elementary educators
- Fairfield County - 4,800 elementary educators
- Middlesex County - 2,800 elementary educators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of elementary educators in the state of Connecticut will grow to 20,550. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
An elementary educator in Connecticut earns $66,500 per year on average. However, Connecticut elementary educators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,180 per year to more than $110,820 per year in 2010. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for an elementary educator are:
- Litchfield County - $70,045 per year
- Fairfield County - $67,140 per year
- Hartford County - $66,140 per year
An elementary educator in the following counties in Connecticut make the lowest salaries on average:
- Windham County - $58,160 per year
- New London County - $62,930 per year
- Middlesex County - $63,920 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Connecticut
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||17,770||$66,500||-15.4%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,090||$112,030||8.4%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||2,790||$70,020||-14.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,800||$62,190||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Connecticut