There are schools offering international business degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Connecticut
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Connecticut students graduate with degrees in international business. That means an estimated 89 international business professionals graduate from Connecticut's 10 international business schools each year.
Yale University, which is located in New Haven, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 2nd in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in international business from Yale University in 2010. Students at Yale University paid $38,300 per year in tuition fees.
University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a international business program. It is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, University of Connecticut graduated 0 students from its international business program. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
Quinnipiac University, which is located in Hamden, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Quinnipiac University graduated 28 students from its international business programs. Students at Quinnipiac University paid $34,250 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut international business school, average tuition will be $25,281 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,861 per year to $38,300 per year. In 2010, the international business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
The international business schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- University of Connecticut - located in Storrs Mansfield, students are charged $10,416 per year
- Albertus Magnus College - located in New Haven, students are charged $24,374 per year
An international business degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs international business graduates in Connecticut pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. Connecticut had 47,770 international business professionals in 2010. 8,730 of these international business professionals were business analysts, 3,190 were chief executive officers, and 29,080 were operations managers. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of international business professional are:
- Hartford County - 18,240 international business professionals
- Fairfield County - 16,910 international business professionals
- Middlesex County - 6,390 international business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 46,930 international business professionals will be working in Connecticut. This would require the number of international business professional to shrink by 0%.
On average, international business professionals earn $100,177 per year. In 2010, however, some Connecticut international business professional earned as little as less than $19,010 per year or as much as more than $165,260 per year. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for international business professionals are:
- Windham County - $127,135 per year
- Fairfield County - $122,024 per year
- Litchfield County - $111,278 per year
International business professionals in the following counties in Connecticut make the lowest salaries on average:
- Hartford County - $103,263 per year
- Middlesex County - $105,610 per year
- New London County - $106,693 per year
The international business professionals with highest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $201,430 per year
- Operations Manager - $139,080 per year
- Business Professor - $128,010 per year
On average, the lowest paid international business professionals in Connecticut were:
- Purchasing Agent - $66,590 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - per year
For more data regarding a career in international business in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in International Business in Connecticut
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||29,080||$139,080||42.9%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||3,700||$66,590||-6.6%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,810||$128,010||123.5%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||1,210||n/a||-42.4%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||50||$77,300||-61.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Connecticut