There are schools offering management courses in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Connecticut
University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a management program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 34 students graduated with a degree in management from University of Connecticut in 2010. University of Connecticut charged in-state students $10,416 in tuition fees per year.
Central Connecticut State University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a management program. It is located in New Britain. In 2010, Central Connecticut State University graduated 62 students from its management program. Tuition at Central Connecticut State University was $7,861 per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a management program is University of New Haven, which is located in West Haven. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. In 2010, University of New Haven graduated 24 students from its management programs. The tuition rate at University of New Haven was $30,750 per year.
Tuition at Connecticut's management schools ranges from $30,750 per year to $3,386 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,252 per year. In 2010, the following Connecticut management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
- Mitchell College - located in New London, students are charged $26,907 per year
- University of Bridgeport - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $26,370 per year
The management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Tunxis Community College - located in Farmington, students are charged $3,406 per year
A management degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in Connecticut go on to work as a manager. In 2010, there were 29,080 managers working in Connecticut. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of managers are:
- Fairfield County - 11,310 managers
- Hartford County - 10,440 managers
- Middlesex County - 3,480 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 29,240 managers will be working in Connecticut state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -6%.
A manager in Connecticut earns $139,080 per year on average. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for a manager are:
- Fairfield County - $150,005 per year
- Middlesex County - $132,300 per year
- Hartford County - $130,180 per year
The Connecticut counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Windham County - $98,260 per year
- New London County - $113,180 per year
- Litchfield County - $117,695 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Management in Connecticut
- Certificate in Management in Connecticut
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||29,080||$139,080||42.9%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||15,670||$45,230||10.5%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||4,700||$107,380||37.8%|
|Managers, All Other||4,260||$107,280||6.2%|
|Industrial Production Managers||3,010||$98,570||-15.2%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||2,610||$59,690||46.6%|
|Food Service Managers||2,500||$52,300||4.6%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||990||$87,990||13.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Connecticut