There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Connecticut
University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 88 students graduated with a degree in nutrition from University of Connecticut in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
University of New Haven, which is located in West Haven, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of New Haven graduated 13 students from its nutrition program. Students at University of New Haven paid $30,750 per year in tuition fees.
University of Bridgeport, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a nutrition program. It is located in Bridgeport. In 2010, University of Bridgeport graduated 98 students from its nutrition programs. Students at University of Bridgeport paid $26,370 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Connecticut's nutrition schools ranges from $30,750 per year to $3,386 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,862 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
- Saint Joseph College - located in W Hartford, students are charged $28,530 per year
- University of Bridgeport - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $26,370 per year
The nutrition schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Naugatuck Valley Community College - located in Waterbury, students are charged $3,406 per year
A nutrition degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
A large number of Connecticut nutrition graduates become nutritionists. Connecticut had 710 nutritionists in 2010. The largest populations of Connecticut nutritionists are working in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 260 nutritionists
- Fairfield County - 180 nutritionists
- Middlesex County - 120 nutritionists
On average, a nutritionist earns a salary of $62,830 per year in Connecticut state. However, Connecticut nutritionists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $38,300 per year to more than $112,930 per year in 2010. A nutritionist in the following Connecticut counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Litchfield County - $67,150 per year
- Fairfield County - $64,955 per year
- Middlesex County - $64,750 per year
The following counties in Connecticut have the lowest average salaries for nutritionists:
- New London County - $60,150 per year
- Hartford County - $60,370 per year
- Middlesex County - $64,750 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in nutrition. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Connecticut
- Certificate in Nutrition in Connecticut
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||710||$62,830||22.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Connecticut