There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Connecticut
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Connecticut graduates receive degrees in occupational therapy. That means an estimated 99 occupational therapists graduate from Connecticut's 6 occupational therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a occupational therapy program is Quinnipiac University. Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Hamden. 41 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Quinnipiac University in 2010. Students at Quinnipiac University paid $34,250 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut with a occupational therapy program is Sacred Heart University, which is located in Bridgeport. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Sacred Heart University occupational therapy program. Sacred Heart University charged in-state students $31,440 in tuition fees per year.
Lincoln College of New England, which is located in Southington, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Lincoln College of New England graduated 13 students from its occupational therapy programs. The tuition rate at Lincoln College of New England was $18,950 per year.
Occupational therapy schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $18,325 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $34,250 per year, or as little as $3,406 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
- Lincoln College of New England - located in Southington, students are charged $18,950 per year
The following Connecticut occupational therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Housatonic Community College - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Goodwin College - located in East Hartford, students are charged $18,500 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
A large number of Connecticut occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. Connecticut had 1,710 occupational therapists in 2010. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of occupational therapists are:
- Hartford County - 830 occupational therapists
- Fairfield County - 360 occupational therapists
- Middlesex County - 240 occupational therapists
The government projects that the number of occupational therapists in Connecticut will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,990 occupational therapists working in Connecticut.
An occupational therapist in Connecticut makes an average of $79,150 per year. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $43,420 per year or as much as more than $132,270 per year in Connecticut. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Litchfield County - $85,380 per year
- Hartford County - $81,610 per year
- New London County - $78,570 per year
On average, occupational therapists earns the least in the following Connecticut counties:
- Middlesex County - $74,210 per year
- Fairfield County - $76,305 per year
- New London County - $78,570 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Connecticut
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||540||$55,110||45.9%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||60||$44,900|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Connecticut