There are schools offering physics courses in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Physics Programs in Connecticut
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a physics program is Yale University. Yale University, which was ranked 2nd in the country in 2010, is located in New Haven. 75 students graduated with a degree in physics from Yale University in 2010. Students at Yale University paid $38,300 per year in tuition fees.
Wesleyan University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a physics program. It is located in Middletown. 14 students graduated with degree in physics from Wesleyan University in 2010. Tuition at Wesleyan University was $42,084 per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a physics program is University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. 41 students graduated with degree in physics from University of Connecticut in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
Physics schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $24,225 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,420 per year, or as little as $7,861 per year. The Connecticut physics schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Trinity College - located in Hartford, students are charged $42,420 per year
- Wesleyan University - located in Middletown, students are charged $42,084 per year
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Connecticut physics schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Southern Connecticut State University - located in New Haven, students are charged $8,050 per year
- University of Connecticut - located in Storrs Mansfield, students are charged $10,416 per year
A physics degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physics school in Connecticut go on to work as a physicist. In 2010, there were 80 physicists working in Connecticut. In Connecticut, the largest numbers of physicists work in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 50 physicists
A physicist in Connecticut earns $124,340 per year on average. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for physicists:
- Hartford County - $117,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in physics. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as chemical engineering or chemistry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Physics in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Physics in Connecticut
Curious what studying Physics gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physics related jobs in Connecticut