There are schools offering social work degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Connecticut
University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a social work program. It is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, 184 students graduated from University of Connecticut's social work program. University of Connecticut charged in-state students $10,416 in tuition fees per year.
Central Connecticut State University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a social work program. It is located in New Britain. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Central Connecticut State University social work program. The tuition rate at Central Connecticut State University was $7,861 per year.
Western Connecticut State University, which is located in Danbury, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 33 students graduated from Western Connecticut State University social work program. Western Connecticut State University charged in-state students $7,909 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Connecticut's social work schools ranges from $31,440 per year to $3,406 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,720 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
- University of Hartford - located in W Hartford, students are charged $29,852 per year
- Saint Joseph College - located in W Hartford, students are charged $28,530 per year
The social work schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Capital Community College - located in Hartford, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
A social work degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Connecticut go on to work as a social worker. In 2010, there were 2,070 social workers working in Connecticut. The following counties have the largest number of Connecticut social workers:
- Hartford County - 920 social workers
- Fairfield County - 420 social workers
- Middlesex County - 380 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Connecticut will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,950 social workers working in Connecticut.
On average, social workers earn $59,920 per year. However, this number is only an average. social workers in Connecticut had varying salaries from $31,110 to $94,860 per year in 2010. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Middlesex County - $65,350 per year
- Fairfield County - $62,800 per year
- Litchfield County - $59,610 per year
On average, social workers earns the least in the following Connecticut counties:
- Hartford County - $56,230 per year
- New London County - $56,420 per year
- Litchfield County - $59,610 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Connecticut
- Certificate in Social Work in Connecticut
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||5,250||$61,310||12.7%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,770||$51,660||-17.1%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||2,070||$59,920||19.0%|
|Social Workers, All Other||270||$54,630||35.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Connecticut