There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Florida!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Florida
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Tennessee
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Mississippi
- Administrative Assistant Courses in South Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Georgia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in North Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Alabama
- See All Schools in Florida
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Florida graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 767 administrative assistants graduate from Florida's 59 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a administrative assistant program is Trinity Baptist College. Trinity Baptist College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Jacksonville. In 2010, Trinity Baptist College graduated 6 students from its administrative assistant program. Students at Trinity Baptist College paid $7,950 per year in tuition fees.
Bradford-Union Area Career Technical Center, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Starke.
Sarasota County Technical Institute, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Sarasota. In 2010, Sarasota County Technical Institute graduated 2 students from its administrative assistant programs. Students at Sarasota County Technical Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,272 per year, though tuition can range from $17,536 per year to $2,158 per year. The Florida administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lincoln College of Technology - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $17,536 per year
- Clearwater Christian College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $15,440 per year
- Rasmussen College-Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $13,520 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Florida go on to work as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 69,550 administrative assistants working in Florida. In Florida, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 10,800 administrative assistants
- Hernando County - 10,060 administrative assistants
- Lake County - 8,990 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Florida will grow to 105,070. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, administrative assistants earn $40,890 per year. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Florida had varying salaries from $22,940 to $66,190 per year in 2010. An administrative assistant in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collier County - $45,530 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $43,580 per year
- Palm Beach County - $42,930 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Gadsden County - $35,420 per year
- Charlotte County - $35,530 per year
- Volusia County - $36,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Florida
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Florida
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||144,450||$29,700||25.8%|
|Office Clerks, General||139,950||$25,440||-32.0%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||69,550||$40,890||-27.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Florida