There are schools offering advertising programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a advertising program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 144 students from its advertising program. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a advertising program is University of Central Florida. University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Orlando. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 113 students from its advertising program. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The University of Tampa, which is located in Tampa, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a advertising program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. 59 students graduated with degree in advertising from The University of Tampa in 2010. Students at The University of Tampa paid $23,218 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Florida's advertising schools ranges from $37,836 per year to $4,635 per year. But, the average tuition is $18,281 per year. In 2010, the following Florida advertising schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Lynn University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $30,900 per year
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
The following Florida advertising schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $4,635 per year
- University of Central Florida - located in Orlando, students are charged $5,021 per year
- University of Florida - located in Gainesville, students are charged $5,044 per year
An advertising degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from advertising school in Florida go on to work as an advertiser. 9,790 advertisers were working in Florida in 2010. The largest populations of Florida advertisers are working in the following counties:
- Lake County - 1,600 advertisers
- Hernando County - 1,530 advertisers
- Miami-Dade County - 1,400 advertisers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of advertisers is expected to shrink by -4% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,850 advertisers working in the Florida then.
On average, an advertiser earns a salary of $46,680 per year in Florida state. But, salaries for advertisers can vary. In 2010, advertisers made as little as less than $16,850 per year or as much as more than $100,980 per year in Florida. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for an advertiser are:
- Collier County - $58,960 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $54,990 per year
- Manatee County - $51,170 per year
An advertiser in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bradford County - $30,820 per year
- Bay County - $33,800 per year
- DeSoto County - $34,930 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Florida
- Master's Degree in Advertising in Florida
- Certificate in Advertising in Florida
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||9,790||$46,680||11.4%|
|Writers and Authors||1,860||$50,150||24.8%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,370||$106,390||-6.8%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||1,060||$101,160||-34.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Florida