There are schools offering animation programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Animation Programs in Florida
The University of Tampa, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a animation program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, The University of Tampa graduated 5 students from its animation program. The University of Tampa charged in-state students $23,218 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a animation program is Full Sail University. Full Sail University, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Winter Park. In 2010, 267 students graduated from Full Sail University animation program. Full Sail University charged in-state students $21,560 in tuition fees per year.
Stetson University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a animation program. It is located in De Land. 8 students graduated with degree in animation from Stetson University in 2010. Students at Stetson University paid $33,424 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Florida animation school, average tuition will be $16,160 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,385 per year to $33,424 per year. The Florida animation schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
- Ringling College of Art and Design - located in Sarasota, students are charged $32,290 per year
- The University of Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $23,218 per year
The following Florida animation schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ridge Career Center - located in Winter Haven, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Southwest Florida College - located in Fort Myers, students are charged $11,880 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Orlando, students are charged $12,600 per year
An animation degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of animation graduates in Florida pursue careers as an animator. Florida had 780 animators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida animators:
- Lake County - 230 animators
- Miami-Dade County - 160 animators
- Hernando County - 140 animators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of animators in the state of Florida will grow to 2,010. This would require a 2% growth in the profession.
An animator in Florida makes an average of $54,440 per year. But, salaries for animators can vary. In 2010, animators made as little as less than $32,370 per year or as much as more than $97,610 per year in Florida. On average an animator earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Miami-Dade County - $60,620 per year
- Broward County - $56,890 per year
- Palm Beach County - $55,310 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for animators:
- Hernando County - $51,390 per year
- Lake County - $53,640 per year
- Palm Beach County - $55,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in animation. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Animation in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Animation in Florida
- Master's Degree in Animation in Florida
- Certificate in Animation in Florida
Curious what studying Animation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||780||$54,440||-34.5%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||720||$34,940||-47.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are animation related jobs in Florida