There are schools offering business administration degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Florida
Around 4.0% of Florida's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. That means an estimated 19,579 general managers graduate from Florida's 148 business administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a business administration program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 347 students graduated with a degree in business administration from University of Miami in 2010. University of Miami charged in-state students $37,836 in tuition fees per year.
University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a business administration program. It is located in Orlando. In 2010, 401 students graduated from University of Central Florida business administration program. University of Central Florida charged in-state students $5,021 in tuition fees per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a business administration program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, University of South Florida-Main Campus graduated 284 students from its business administration programs. The tuition rate at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,788 per year, though tuition can range from $37,836 per year to $2,158 per year. The Florida business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The business administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A business administration degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida business administration graduates become general managers. If you decide to work as a general manager in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 61,830 Florida general managers as of 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Hernando County - 9,970 general managers
- Lake County - 8,710 general managers
- Miami-Dade County - 8,230 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 56,050 general managers will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of general managers to shrink by -5%.
On average, general managers earn $102,280 per year. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $28,210 per year or as much as more than $159,930 per year in Florida. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Palm Beach County - $117,930 per year
- Hernando County - $109,480 per year
- Broward County - $108,250 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Flagler County - $77,700 per year
- Bay County - $80,580 per year
- Marion County - $81,830 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Florida
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Florida
- Certificate in Business Administration in Florida
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||61,830||$102,280||7.1%|
|Administrative Services Managers||9,180||$98,250||10.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Florida