There are schools offering christian counseling degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Christian Counseling Programs in Florida
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Florida graduates receive degrees in christian counseling. In other words, every year an estimated 37 counselors graduate from Florida's 9 christian counseling schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a christian counseling program is Saint Thomas University, which is located in Opa Locka. In 2010, it was ranked 51st nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Saint Thomas University's christian counseling program. Students at Saint Thomas University paid $22,770 per year in tuition fees.
Saint Leo University, which is located in Saint Leo, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a christian counseling program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. Students at Saint Leo University paid $18,150 per year in tuition fees.
Clearwater Christian College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a christian counseling program. It is located in Clearwater. The tuition rate at Clearwater Christian College was $15,440 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida christian counseling school, average tuition will be $16,125 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,005 per year to $27,200 per year. In 2010, the christian counseling schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Saint Thomas University - located in Opa Locka, students are charged $22,770 per year
- Argosy University-Sarasota - located in Sarasota, students are charged $19,812 per year
The christian counseling schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- South Florida Bible College and Theological Seminary - located in Deerfield Beach, students are charged $5,005 per year
- The Baptist College of Florida - located in Graceville, students are charged $8,800 per year
- Trinity College of Florida - located in New Port Richey, students are charged $11,824 per year
A christian counseling degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida christian counseling graduates become counselors. Florida had 2,740 counselors in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida counselors:
- Broward County - 430 counselors
- Hernando County - 390 counselors
- Miami-Dade County - 300 counselors
The government projects that the number of counselors in Florida will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,660 counselors working in Florida.
On average, a counselor earns a salary of $35,520 per year in Florida state. However, this number is only an average. counselors in Florida had varying salaries from $15,770 to $84,800 per year in 2010. A counselor in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Manatee County - $48,510 per year
- Martin County - $42,210 per year
- Hernando County - $40,800 per year
A counselor in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Lee County - $24,960 per year
- Collier County - $26,180 per year
- Volusia County - $26,570 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in christian counseling and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as theology or psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Christian Counseling in Florida
- Master's Degree in Christian Counseling in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Christian Counseling in Florida
Curious what studying Christian Counseling gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Counselors, All Other||2,740||$35,520||93.0%|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||1,000||$36,740||19.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are christian counseling related jobs in Florida