There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Florida
University of Miami, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, 28 students graduated from University of Miami's civil engineering program. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 116 students from its civil engineering program. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of South Florida-Main Campus graduated 122 students from its civil engineering programs. The tuition rate at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida civil engineering school, average tuition will be $6,671 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,179 per year to $37,836 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Florida Institute of Technology - located in Melbourne, students are charged $32,294 per year
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach - located in Daytona Beach, students are charged $29,728 per year
The civil engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Tallahassee Community College - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $2,214 per year
- Broward College - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $2,272 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from civil engineering school in Florida go on to work as a civil engineer. If you decide to work as a civil engineer in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 14,190 Florida civil engineers as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of civil engineers work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 2,510 civil engineers
- Lake County - 2,090 civil engineers
- Miami-Dade County - 1,610 civil engineers
The government projects that the number of civil engineers in Florida will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 17,760 civil engineers working in Florida.
A civil engineer in Florida earns $80,810 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. civil engineers in Florida had varying salaries from $28,260 to $157,920 per year in 2010. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- Collier County - $101,650 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $89,980 per year
- Palm Beach County - $88,020 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for civil engineers:
- Polk County - $64,180 per year
- Alachua County - $67,090 per year
- DeSoto County - $68,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in civil engineering in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Florida
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Florida
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Florida
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||6,940||$46,320||-15.8%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||4,020||$49,760||-28.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Florida