There are schools offering communications degreess in Florida!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Florida
Around 0.5% of Florida's graduates graduate from communications degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,672 communications professionals graduate from Florida's 37 communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a communications program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 35 students from its communications program. University of Miami charged in-state students $37,836 in tuition fees per year.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 291 students from its communications program. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a communications program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, University of South Florida-Main Campus graduated 254 students from its communications programs. The tuition rate at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida communications school, average tuition will be $16,105 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $37,836 per year. In 2010, the communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The communications schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Florida Atlantic University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $3,835 per year
- The University of West Florida - located in Pensacola, students are charged $4,154 per year
For more data regarding a career in communications in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Florida
- Master's Degree in Communications in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Florida
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||9,790||$46,680||11.4%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||3,800||$28,940||-23.7%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||2,170||$46,910||-8.1%|
|Writers and Authors||1,860||$50,150||24.8%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||1,540||$40,670||-16.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Florida