There are schools offering computer programming courses in Florida!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Florida students graduate with degrees in computer programming. In other words, every year an estimated 523 computer programmers graduate from Florida's 44 computer programming schools.
Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a computer programming program. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale's computer programming program. Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale charged in-state students $14,176 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a computer programming program is Sarasota County Technical Institute, which is located in Sarasota. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Sarasota County Technical Institute graduated 0 students from its computer programming program.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a computer programming program is Full Sail University. Full Sail University, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Winter Park. In 2010, 194 students graduated from Full Sail University computer programming program. The tuition rate at Full Sail University was $21,560 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,194 per year, though tuition can range from $21,560 per year to $2,158 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Full Sail University - located in Winter Park, students are charged $21,560 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-St. Petersburg - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Lake Mary - located in Lake Mary, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Tallahassee Community College - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $2,214 per year
A computer programming degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Florida go on to work as a computer programmer. Florida had 18,070 computer programmers in 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Lake County - 3,510 computer programmers
- Hernando County - 3,220 computer programmers
- Broward County - 2,200 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Florida will shrink by -12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 19,800 computer programmers working in Florida.
A computer programmer in Florida earns $65,110 per year on average. A computer programmer in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Baker County - $72,050 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $72,010 per year
- Brevard County - $71,990 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Flagler County - $47,580 per year
- Collier County - $48,140 per year
- Gadsden County - $54,980 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in computer programming. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Florida
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Florida
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,470||$47,270||0.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Florida