There are schools offering creative writing courses in Florida!
Schools Offering Creative Writing Programs in Florida
Around 0.0% of Florida's graduates graduate from creative writing degree programs every year. That means an estimated 89 creative writers graduate from Florida's 10 creative writing schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a creative writing program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 22 students from its creative writing program. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a creative writing program. It is located in Orlando. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 5 students from its creative writing program. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a creative writing program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 6 students graduated with degree in creative writing from University of South Florida-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
Tuition at Florida's creative writing schools ranges from $37,836 per year to $3,835 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,331 per year. In 2010, the creative writing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
- Florida Southern College - located in Lakeland, students are charged $24,662 per year
The creative writing schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Florida Atlantic University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $3,835 per year
- University of Central Florida - located in Orlando, students are charged $5,021 per year
- University of Florida - located in Gainesville, students are charged $5,044 per year
A creative writing degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida creative writing graduates become creative writers. In 2010, there were 1,860 creative writers working in Florida. The largest populations of Florida creative writers are working in the following counties:
- Lake County - 350 creative writers
- Miami-Dade County - 320 creative writers
- Hernando County - 300 creative writers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of creative writers in the state of Florida will grow to 7,620. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
A creative writer in Florida makes an average of $50,150 per year. However, Florida creative writers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,030 per year to more than $111,150 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for creative writers:
- Volusia County - $60,770 per year
- Manatee County - $58,940 per year
- Lake County - $56,160 per year
A creative writer in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Palm Beach County - $41,540 per year
- Lee County - $44,030 per year
- Gadsden County - $44,480 per year
For more data regarding a career in creative writing in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as communications or creative writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing in Florida
- Master's Degree in Creative Writing in Florida
Curious what studying Creative Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Writers and Authors||1,860||$50,150||24.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are creative writing related jobs in Florida