There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Florida
Superior Career Institute, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Superior Career Institute's dental assistant program.
Pinellas Technical Education Center, which is located in Saint Petersburg, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Pinellas Technical Education Center in 2010.
Concorde Career Institute, which is located in Jacksonville, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Concorde Career Institute graduated 73 students from its dental assistant programs. Students at Concorde Career Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Dental assistant schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $3,483 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,104 per year, or as little as $2,158 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest University-Largo - located in Largo, students are charged $19,104 per year
- Lincoln College of Technology - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $17,536 per year
- Remington College-Tampa Campus - located in Tampa, students are charged $14,745 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Florida go on to work as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 14,770 dental assistants working in Florida. The Florida counties with the largest populations of dental assistants are:
- Hernando County - 2,060 dental assistants
- Lake County - 1,870 dental assistants
- Miami-Dade County - 1,770 dental assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental assistants is expected to grow by 30% by 2018. There are projected to be 19,990 dental assistants working in the Florida then.
A dental assistant in Florida earns $33,210 per year on average. But, salaries for dental assistants can vary. In 2010, dental assistants made as little as less than $16,980 per year or as much as more than $55,110 per year in Florida. On average a dental assistant earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Lee County - $38,980 per year
- Okaloosa County - $37,730 per year
- Collier County - $37,490 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for dental assistants are:
- Calhoun County - $27,440 per year
- Brevard County - $27,810 per year
- Escambia County - $29,090 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental assisting in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Florida
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Florida
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||3,130||$34,870||-12.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Florida