There are schools offering design programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a design program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. In 2010, 14 students graduated from University of Miami's design program. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
Florida International University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a design program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Florida International University design program. Tuition at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a design program is Eckerd College, which is located in Saint Petersburg. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. The tuition rate at Eckerd College was $33,228 per year.
Design schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $9,415 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,836 per year, or as little as $2,158 per year. In 2010, the design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
- Ringling College of Art and Design - located in Sarasota, students are charged $32,290 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
For more data regarding a career in design in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion design or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Florida
- Master's Degree in Design in Florida
- Certificate in Design in Florida
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||550||$56,820||25.0%|
|Designers, All Other||290||$41,230||-56.7%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||270||$50,490||12.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Florida