There are schools offering electrician courses in Florida!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Florida
Around 0.1% of Florida's graduates graduate from electrician training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 504 electricians graduate from Florida's 35 electrician schools.
Traviss Career Center, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a electrician program. It is located in Lakeland. 20 students graduated with a certificate in electrician from Traviss Career Center in 2010. Students at Traviss Career Center paid $2,845 per year in tuition fees.
Pinellas Technical Education Center, which is located in Saint Petersburg, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Pinellas Technical Education Center electrician program.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a electrician program is D G Erwin Technical Center, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, D G Erwin Technical Center graduated 13 students from its electrician programs. The tuition rate at D G Erwin Technical Center was $2,484 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's electrician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,704 per year, though tuition can range from $14,328 per year to $2,158 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest University-Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $14,328 per year
- Seminole State College of Florida - located in Sanford, students are charged $2,904 per year
- Daytona State College - located in Daytona Beach, students are charged $2,877 per year
The electrician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
An electrician certificate from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida electrician graduates become electricians. Florida had 27,810 electricians in 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of electricians are:
- Lake County - 3,740 electricians
- Hernando County - 3,540 electricians
- Miami-Dade County - 3,210 electricians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electricians is expected to shrink by -11% by 2018. There are projected to be 35,170 electricians working in the Florida then.
On average, electricians earn $40,320 per year. But, salaries for electricians can vary. In 2010, electricians made as little as less than $21,280 per year or as much as more than $75,800 per year in Florida. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for electricians:
- Bradford County - $48,500 per year
- DeSoto County - $43,700 per year
- Baker County - $43,660 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for electricians are:
- Calhoun County - $34,220 per year
- Gadsden County - $34,560 per year
- Charlotte County - $34,970 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrician training in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Florida
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Florida
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||8,260||$52,100||-10.3%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||6,140||$52,520||-21.4%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||5,040||$45,910||-0.6%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||930||$60,420||-19.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Florida