There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Florida
Around 0.8% of Florida's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 3,708 elementary educators graduate from Florida's 51 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a elementary education program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. 18 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from University of Miami in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a elementary education program. It is located in Orlando. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 590 students from its elementary education program. Students at University of Central Florida paid $5,021 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a elementary education program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 332 students graduated from University of South Florida-Main Campus elementary education program. Students at University of South Florida-Main Campus paid $5,198 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Florida's elementary education schools ranges from $37,836 per year to $2,568 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,177 per year. The Florida elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The elementary education schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northwest Florida State College - located in Niceville, students are charged $2,568 per year
- Edison State College - located in Fort Myers, students are charged $2,682 per year
- St Petersburg College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $2,822 per year
An elementary education degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Florida go on to work as an elementary educator. 73,150 elementary educators were working in Florida in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida elementary educators:
- Hernando County - 11,920 elementary educators
- Lake County - 9,660 elementary educators
- Palm Beach County - 6,010 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 86,390 elementary educators working in the Florida then.
On average, elementary educators earn $49,820 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida elementary educators earned as little as less than $26,160 per year or as much as more than $82,540 per year. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Gadsden County - $56,820 per year
- Indian River County - $56,440 per year
- Hernando County - $53,230 per year
An elementary educator in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Lee County - $33,590 per year
- Polk County - $41,320 per year
- DeSoto County - $43,380 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Florida
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Florida
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||73,150||$49,820||16.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||10,920||$49,220||-0.1%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||10,460||$52,940||24.5%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,410||$88,670||-47.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Florida