There are schools offering EMT training in Florida!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of Florida receive emergency medical training certificates every year. That means an estimated 2,663 emergency medical technicians graduate from Florida's 46 EMT schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a EMT program is Health Opportunity Technical Center. Health Opportunity Technical Center, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. no students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Health Opportunity Technical Center in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a EMT program is Keiser Career College-Greenacres, which is located in West Palm Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Keiser Career College-Greenacres EMT program. The tuition rate at Keiser Career College-Greenacres was $14,176 per year.
Sarasota County Technical Institute, which is located in Sarasota, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. 67 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Sarasota County Technical Institute in 2010. Sarasota County Technical Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Florida's EMT schools ranges from $14,176 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,949 per year. In 2010, the EMT schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Keiser Career College-Greenacres - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $14,176 per year
- City College Branch Campus - located in Gainesville, students are charged $12,866 per year
- City College - located in Casselberry, students are charged $12,240 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
An EMT certificate from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of EMT graduates in Florida pursue careers as an emergency medical technician. Florida had 8,910 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida emergency medical technicians:
- Hernando County - 1,420 emergency medical technicians
- Broward County - 1,240 emergency medical technicians
- Miami-Dade County - 980 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Florida will grow to 10,300. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
An emergency medical technician in Florida makes an average of $31,670 per year. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $17,350 per year or as much as more than $52,190 per year in Florida. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Palm Beach County - $37,430 per year
- Manatee County - $35,420 per year
- Lake County - $35,060 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Marion County - $23,620 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $27,310 per year
- Gadsden County - $28,530 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Florida
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Florida
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||8,910||$31,670||16.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Florida