There are schools offering fashion programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Florida
Northwood University-Florida Education Center, which was ranked 51st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a fashion program. It is located in West Palm Beach. no students graduated with a degree in fashion from Northwood University-Florida Education Center in 2010. Students at Northwood University-Florida Education Center paid $19,273 per year in tuition fees.
Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a fashion program. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. 3 students graduated with degree in fashion from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. Students at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale paid $14,176 per year in tuition fees.
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a fashion program. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, 129 students graduated from The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale fashion program. Tuition at The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale was $22,105 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida fashion school, average tuition will be $14,642 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,847 per year to $24,429 per year. The Florida fashion schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Johnson & Wales University-Florida Campus - located in Miami, students are charged $24,429 per year
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,105 per year
- Northwood University-Florida Education Center - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $19,273 per year
The fashion schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Miami Dade College - located in Miami, students are charged $2,847 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology-Online - located in Tampa, students are charged $12,600 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Orlando, students are charged $12,600 per year
A fashion degree from a Florida school... what next?
fashion graduates in Florida can go into a variety of professions such as marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. If you decide to work as a fashion professional in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 280,880 Florida fashion professional as of 2010. This number includes 310 fashion designers, 5,690 marketing managers, and 4,180 merchadisers. The Florida counties with the largest populations of fashion professional are:
- Lake County - 41,820 fashion professionals
- Miami-Dade County - 40,670 fashion professionals
- Hernando County - 40,250 fashion professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of fashion professionals in the state of Florida will shrink to 316,800. This would require a -1% decline in the field.
On average, fashion professionals earn a salary of $52,266 per year in Florida state. But, salaries for fashion professional can vary. In 2010, fashion professional made as little as less than $15,760 per year or as much as more than $160,720 per year in Florida. Fashion professionals in the following Florida counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Palm Beach County - $66,608 per year
- Brevard County - $61,840 per year
- Okaloosa County - $59,695 per year
On average, fashion professionals earn the least in the following Florida counties:
- Bay County - $24,120 per year
- Flagler County - $24,980 per year
- Calhoun County - $25,090 per year
On average, the highest paid fashion professionals in Florida were:
- Marketing Manager - $106,300 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $67,970 per year
- Fashion Designer - $62,290 per year
On average, the lowest paid fashion professionals in Florida were:
- Knitter - $30,660 per year
- Sales Associate - $26,070 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in fashion and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Florida
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||n/a||$33,970|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||4,180||$59,290||-48.7%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||70||$30,660||-72.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Florida