There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Florida
Around 2.0% of Florida's graduates graduate from forensic nursing degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 9,908 forensic nurses graduate from Florida's 72 forensic nursing schools.
University of Miami, which is located in Miami, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 149 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from University of Miami in 2010. University of Miami charged in-state students $37,836 in tuition fees per year.
University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Orlando. 517 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from University of Central Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a forensic nursing program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 433 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from University of South Florida-Main Campus in 2010. Students at University of South Florida-Main Campus paid $5,198 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's forensic nursing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,093 per year, though tuition can range from $37,836 per year to $2,158 per year. In 2010, the following Florida forensic nursing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Jacksonville University - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $26,600 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic nursing graduates in Florida pursue careers as a forensic nurse. If you decide to work as a forensic nurse in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,750 Florida forensic nurses as of 2010. The largest populations of Florida forensic nurses are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 850 forensic nurses
- Miami-Dade County - 560 forensic nurses
- Broward County - 510 forensic nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,350 forensic nurses will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of forensic nurses to grow by 8%.
On average, a forensic nurse earns a salary of $65,030 per year in Florida state. In 2010, however, some Florida forensic nurses earned as little as less than $23,790 per year or as much as more than $102,450 per year. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a forensic nurse are:
- Alachua County - $71,660 per year
- Brevard County - $70,600 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $69,150 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Volusia County - $51,690 per year
- Bradford County - $54,880 per year
- Palm Beach County - $56,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Florida
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Florida
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,740||$99,780||-0.7%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||3,750||$65,030||-31.1%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,470||$47,270||0.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Florida