There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Florida
University of Miami, which is located in Miami, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from University of Miami in 2010. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
The University of Tampa, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a graphic design program. It is located in Tampa. 20 students graduated with degree in graphic design from The University of Tampa in 2010. Tuition at The University of Tampa was $23,218 per year.
Flagler College, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a graphic design program. It is located in Saint Augustine. In 2010, Flagler College graduated 36 students from its graphic design programs. The tuition rate at Flagler College was $13,860 per year.
Graphic design schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $14,432 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,836 per year, or as little as $2,198 per year. The Florida graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
- Ringling College of Art and Design - located in Sarasota, students are charged $32,290 per year
The graphic design schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Radford M Locklin Technical Center - located in Milton, students are charged $2,198 per year
- Ridge Career Center - located in Winter Haven, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $4,635 per year
A graphic design degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida graphic design graduates become graphic designers. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 11,160 Florida graphic designers as of 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of graphic designers are:
- Miami-Dade County - 1,970 graphic designers
- Hernando County - 1,860 graphic designers
- Lake County - 1,750 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Florida will shrink by -1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 17,900 graphic designers working in Florida.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $42,700 per year in Florida state. However, Florida graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,220 per year to more than $84,320 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Palm Beach County - $50,610 per year
- Broward County - $46,100 per year
- Lake County - $43,900 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Bay County - $33,460 per year
- Bradford County - $34,130 per year
- Alachua County - $34,260 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Florida
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Florida
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Florida
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Florida